Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Return to NYU

My first adventure I record in this blog will be my trip to New York.

New York is a special place for me.  I spent the 2007-2008 school year there as a freshman at New York University, and though I decided the city and the school weren't the right fit for me at that time in my life, I absolutely loved my experience there.

The most magical part of the experience was the connection between all of my floormates.  I lived on the third floor of Brittany Hall, and almost the entire floor bonded within the first week.  These are the friends I am going to visit over this extended weekend trip.  I will introduce you to them as the trip unfolds.

Though it's taking me a bit longer to make my way through college, this would on a normal time scale be the last semester of my senior year, as it is for my NYU friends.  As they have been studying abroad at various intervals the last three years, this is the first and last time they will all be in New York at the same time.

Because I lived there for a year, I will be bypassing the more tourist-y activities (Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, etc.) and spending more time in places I enjoyed, going on adventures to little-known parts of the city my friends have found in their four years there, and spending extensive time in the fabulous museums (I'm currently in an ancient art history class and have many things to be geekily excited about).

You'll hear from me next on Thursday night, after my first full day back in the city - with many wonderful experiences and pictures sure to come!


Roommates Emily, Mara, and myself during the first week in New York in 2007 - my insanely strong tan courtesy of the 3 weeks I spent in Africa immediately before moving in.


A somewhat inappropriate picture one of our last nights in New York before Summer 2008 - L-R Brittany, Emily, Dani, me, and Shanae.


Clockwise: Me, Mara, Roomie, Brittany, Emily, and Stephanie in a park on the Hudson river, Spring 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment